Treasure!

On a whim, a neighbor of ours decided to sell everything they own and move to NYC. A bold move, the kind of thing I think about doing at times - but not for the city, for land - woods, streams, nature in my back yard... sounds dreamy.

Anyhow, they put a bunch of things out for donation in front of their home. She has a daughter in Kindergarten so I thought I'd drop by and see if she had anything we might be able to use.

Right on top of everything, the very first thing I found was a box full of vintage doll house items. I couldn't believe she was giving it away!

We had so much fun this afternoon taking every piece out, opening every drawer, fixing everything in its place.

I don't know much about doll house toys nowadays, but I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this. EVERYTHING opens! Just like the real thing.
























Now to tie it in...

These kinds of toys treat children as persons - because persons want to open drawers and put food in the fridge and include a Grandpa when they're playing!

Comments

  1. I am so happy that you guys found such amazing treasures. These are really, really amazing. I am also totally jealous! But like I said, still really happy that they will be loved for years to come. Greta score!
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The mini books are so cute.

    Take care!

    Nisrine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment