Sew Crazy

A friend recently gave me this adorable handmade blanket at a baby shower. Could you possibly find a cuter fabric for a nature lover?!?



Talk about mind-to-mind passing on of ideas! The idea that I could find adorable fabrics and create things took hold and since then I've been a bit sew crazy.

I'm making this for my daughter... because what girl can't use a bright new summer dress?




And since I lost my baby sling, I had to make myself a new one and found this beautiful Japanese Cherry Blossom fabric...



As it usually goes with handcrafts around our home, as soon as my daughter sees me doing something, she wants to also. Here's what she made with a little help...







We wouldn't have had these lovely distractions to keep us from getting batty with postpartum cabin fever if it weren't Kristine who loaned me her extra sewing machine (Thanks Kristine!!) and my Mother who took the time to teach me the basics of sewing many years ago.

So while you're busy keeping up on academics, don't forget to make time for a little handcrafting, you never know when it'll come in handy!

Comments