First Rain

We had our very first rain of the season here in California this week beginning with Thunderstorms early in the morning. The kids can't get outside fast enough! Rainy days are rare and pure joy for the kids as they stomp around the puddles.

After the rain is the best time to spot tracks in the mud along the sides of the creek. I've been contemplating plastering tracks for some time now. Seems messy, but worthwhile. Have any of you?


It finally feels like fall with cool breezes in the air. The Sycamores are turning to their fall dress making perfect subjects for our nature journals. 

dd's sycamore leaf has three leaves

Mine has five
The golden bush is unaware, still dressed in her summer best.





Comments

  1. Your sycamore leaves are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Beautiful!

    I'm glad I found you...I'm a fellow student of Charlotte Mason! And I'm following you now! http://littlehomeschoolblessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment